The Red Rock Trail System is a network of trails, parks, bike lanes, and sidewalks in Jefferson County, Alabama. Since 2010, we’ve completed 125 miles of trails!
We have put a few lists together highlighting some of the different trails within the full Red Rock Trail System:
Interactive Map: Red Rock Trail System
Use our interactive trail map to locate completed trails, read about trail features, and view on-the-ground photos. Click here to view the map in a separate window
Tips for using the map
- As a new user, it might be easier to explore the map on your computer, instead of on your smart phone.
- Zoom in and out to see different trails throughout Jefferson County.
- Click on a trail for information, including trail head locations, available parking, and photos.
- Using the information window: On the map, click the icon in the upper left corner to view our list of complete trails.
- Using the information window: Click on the name of a trail to learn more and to view it on the map.
Contact Carolyn Buck if you have questions or know about a Red Rock trail that you don’t see on the map.
Types of trails
There’s a type of trail for everyone, whether you’re walking, running, hiking, or biking! These are the common trail types you’ll find throughout the Red Rock Trail System:
- Greenways: Off-road, multi-use trails with a developed surface.
- Natural trails: Off-road trails with a natural surface.
- Bike lanes: Lanes for bike use only.
- Complete streets: Streets designed for all users, including bike lanes and sidewalks.
- Sharrows: Shared lanes for both bikes and cars.